The USC Value Investing Group is currently planning the annual investment conference. It will be held at the University of Southern California campus on April 6th-7th. The competition allows undergraduate students from around the nation to showcase their talents, refine their investing skill set, and network with like-minded individuals, industry professionals, and student leaders. As a conference participant your team will have the opportunity to network with professionals, attend a participant banquet, listen to several keynote speakers, and compete!
Dates to watch out for:
- February 1st - Registration for the conference will open on this website
- February 28th - 2 page summary of your team's investment idea and registration due date
- March 7th - Finalists will be notified by midnight
- April 6th-7th - Conference at USC
We look forward to another great competition! Feel free to email us with any questions you may have.
Registration is now open till February 28th! Please fill out the registration form with your team information and send your 2 page pitch to email@example.com by February 28th.
Stock Pitch Expectations
If you are interested in participating in this event, please submit a two-page investment review to firstname.lastname@example.org and register on this website by February 28th. Our sponsors will select their favorite investment ideas and chosen teams will be invited to compete in two rounds of judging held at the University of Southern California on April 6th-7th. Teams must consist of up to five members. Teams must give a buy or sell recommendation on an equity of their choice.
Your stock pitch should be of professional quality and include information on:
- Investment Thesis and a Buy/Sell Recommendation Summary
- Analysis of Business and Industry
- Eligible investments will follow these guidelines:
- U.S. Equities only
- Market Capitalization $100+ million
- In the first round, each team will have a maximum of 10 minutes of presentation time followed by a 7-minute question and answer session with the judges
- In the final round, each group will have a maximum of 12 minutes of presentation time followed by a 10-minute question and answer session with the judges
- More than one team can represent a participating school and up to 2 teams from the same organization.
Judges will be asked to evaluate your stock pitches based on the following criteria:
- Stock Pick Quality (Investment risk, potential upside)
- Presentation Quality (Communication skills, visual aids)